Sept. 20, 2012 – Frankenmuth, Mich. — Bavarian Inn Lodge’s “Family Fun Center” is taking on a new look, and it’s looking for a new name to reflect the renovation.
The 360-room Frankenmuth resort is inviting the public to vote on a new name for the Family Fun Center — a 35,000 square-foot entertainment venue offering all-ages recreation from pools to mini-golf to more than 100 video games.
The reason for the new name? The Lodge is underway with a multi-million dollar investment focused on two dramatic water slides — a body slide and a multi-person tube slide. Along with the new slides, the Lodge will offer four indoor pools — one zero-depth entry and one for adults only. Guests will also enjoy a fun facelift to the 18-hole mini-golf area. Both projects are planned for completion before Thanksgiving 2012.
The contest asks participants to pick from one of four names for the Center. They also have an option to create a new one of their own.
“The Family Fun Center name has been with us since it was added in 1989,” said Judy Zehnder Keller, president and founder of Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn Lodge. “Now, we’re thinking that our fresh face might want a fresh name to go with it.”
The four names to be voted on are:
- ® FunnerPlatz – What’s even more than fun? How about funner? Combine it with the German word for place (platz) and you have ‘FunnerPlatz’ — a specially coined term bringing together all of the elements of the Fun Center into one playful word that’s fun to say.
- ® Willy’s Kingdom – Our mascot Willy — an 8-foot tall, Lederhosen-wearing dragon — would like to have the Fun Center named after him. After all, the Center is Willy’s enchanted domain, and his magic does fill the air. He’s even been spotted doing the Chicken Dance in the Ratskeller at night!
- ® FunnerHaus – This name is similar to ‘FunnerPlatz,’ but we’ve changed the name place to Haus (house). While not really a true German word, it does capture the essence of the fun that awaits in the ‘FunnerHaus.”
- ® Family Fun Center – Despite all the renovations to the Center, some folks believe you just can’t improve on the traditional name. So we’re offering the original title, ‘Family Fun Center’ for those whose vote is the incumbent.
After they’ve cast their ballot for one of these four choices, participants can also submit a name of their own creation. Here’s how to participate:
- First, find the Bavarian Inn Lodge on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FrankenmuthBavarianInnLodge?success=1
[Or, CLICK HERE to go to our Face Book Page and LIKE us.]
- To be eligible to vote, you’ll have to “Like” the Lodge page
- Then vote for one of the four names you like best
- · Then there is your opportunity to submit a name of your own creation
- Along with the name, you’ll be asked to explain in 300 – 500 characters why your idea best describes the new look and feel of Bavarian Inn Lodge’s entertainment venue
Winners will be chosen one of two ways. If one of the four names — ® FunnerPlatz, ® Willy’s Kingdom, ® FunnerHaus, or ® Family Fun Center — is selected, everyone who voted for the winning name will win two miniature golf passes. If one of the creative new names is picked, that individual will win a two-night, get-a-way for a family suite, breakfasts and dinners, and limousine transportation provided after the renovation is complete.
There’s only one vote allowed per person and you must be a Facebook friend to participate. The contest runs from Sept. 20 through Oct. 4, 2012. Details are also available on the Bavarian Inn Lodge website at http://bavarianinn.com/stay/
# # #
About Bavarian Inn Lodge
Since its opening in 1986, the Bavarian Inn Lodge has undergone five additions, expanding the number of rooms, adding the Ratskeller Restaurant and a full service conference center that can accommodate up to 500 people. In 25 years of business, the Bavarian Inn Lodge has been an important destination for travelers, evidenced by the 1.25 million room-nights that have been booked there since its opening.
For more information about the Bavarian Inn Lodge, please contact Sue Voyles, Logos Communications, Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-667-2005.